- Affiliates: An “affiliate” is any company that is controlled by or under common control with Onlinekhabar.
- Cookie: A “cookie” is a small unit of information that we use to assign each visitor’s computer a unique, random numerical identification code that resides in a designated file on their computer.
- Device identifiers: Device identifiers are strings of letters and numbers that can be used to identify individual devices. They are unique to each other.
- Internet protocol (IP) address: An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a user’s computer whenever they access the internet, which web servers use to identify where to send the information user’s computer requests.
- Personally identifying information (PII): Personally identifying information, or simply personal information, is information that identifies a specific person. Most common examples include name, address, telephone number, email address, bank card number, and government-issued identification numbers.
- Non-personally identifying information: Non-personally identifying information is every kind of information except for personally identifying information.
2.1 The website www.onlinekhabar.com is an online news portal solely owned, maintained and operated by Onlinekhabar Nepal Pvt Ltd. Onlinekhabar has received all the necessary permissions and registration at relevant government agencies of Nepal.
2.2 This policy applies to onlinekhabar.com and the services that link to or refer to the news site. This policy also applies to any other affiliate websites, mobile devices, mobile apps, digital services, applications or other online services and anything else that links to or refers to this policy.
2.3 This policy also applies to any additional information about the privacy practices of other Onlinekhabar services. This policy is limited to what information it might collect about a user, how it might use that information, when we might use those details to contact users, what information of users we might share with others and the user’s choices about the personal information they give us.
2.4 This policy does not apply to any third-party sites, apps or devices. The users are personally responsible for the use of such services or links.
2.5 All the services provided on this site and affiliates are referred to as “services” at appropriate places. As used herein, “we,” “us” and “our” refers to Onlinekhabar and its affiliates. Any individual accessing or using the services is referred to as the user, users or sometimes ‘You’.
- DEEMED ACCEPTANCE:
- INFORMATION TO COLLECT:
4.1 Onlinekhabar may collect the user’s personally-identifying information to enhance its services to them. Below are the details of information Onlinekhabar may collect.
In particular, Onlinekhabar is highly sensitive and aware of the personal information of children. It does not collect or solicit PII from or about children under the age of 18, knowingly. The users are responsible to certify that they are at least 18 years of age. If Onlinekhabar discovers that it has received any information from or about a child under 18 in violation of this statement, it will delete that information as per the law.
4.1.2 Non-personally identifying information (NPII): Onlinekhabar may collect certain NPII through its website or services as follows:
- Cookies: It may collect cookies and use the information to recognise the users’ browsers when they visit the services next time. Onlinekhabar may link the cookie to PII the users submit or other information Onlinekhabar collects.
- Third-party cookies: A third-party cookie is created by a website with a domain name other than the one the user is currently visiting.
- Log files: Onlinekhabar may use programs that collect information about log files, including browser types, internet service providers (ISPs), referring/exit pages, platform types, date/time stamps, number of clicks, and internet protocol (IP) addresses.
- Automatically collected information: Onlinekhabar may use automated means to collect various types of information about the users or their devices used to access Onlinekhabar services such as network or IP address and type of browser, the type of operating system, the name of ISP and domains used by such providers, mobile network, device identifiers, device settings, browser settings, the web pages of the services visited, services visited before and after the users visit an Onlinekhabar service, the type of handheld or mobile device used to view the service, location information, and the content and advertisements the users have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked on.
- GPS information: Onlinekhabar may ask the users, if they are accessing the service from a mobile device or through a mobile application, to share their precise GPS information so that it can customise the user experience on the services of themselves and other partners such as a third-party mobile ad platform.
- Information collected by and from social media services and other third-party platforms: Onlinekhabar enhances its services through various social media accounts or similar third-party platforms or other third-party social media plug-ins, integrations and applications. When the users get engaged with Onlinekhabar content on or through social media services or other third-party platforms, plug-ins, integrations or applications, they may allow Onlinekhabar to have access to certain Information in your profile. This may include their name, email address, photo, gender, birthday, location, an ID associated with the applicable third-party platform or social media account user files, like photos and videos, their list of friends or connections, people they follow and/or who follow they, or their posts or “likes.”
- INFORMATION USE:
5.3 Customising content, advertising and offers: Onlinekhabar may use information collected from cookies and other technology to recognise the users’ browser when they visit the service and attempt to personalise the service for each user, to sequence ads and offers in a series, and to track page usage and paths. It may also use collected information to allow editorial content and/or advertising on the services to be targeted to groups of users for whom it is most pertinent. This means that users see editorial content and/or advertising most likely to interest them. In connection with these uses, Onlinekhabar may disclose information to third parties.
5.5 Statistical analysis: Onlinekhabar may use collected information to create aggregate statistics about activity on and visitors to the services, including the number of returning visits on its own or the advertisers’ websites, the number of unique visitors that have viewed or clicked a particular ad or visited a particular web page and how much time is spent on each page of the services.
5.6 Authorised purposes and special offers: The users’ personal information may be used for the purposes authorised when it was submitted. The users may choose which email newsletters they wish to receive (including not to receive any email newsletters) by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of every email newsletter they receive from Onlinekhabar.
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION:
Onlinekhabar may display the user information publicly or provide it to others. However, Onlinekhabar does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described in this policy.
Onlinekhabar may disclose collected information in the good faith that it is required to do so by law, or when doing so is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with the law or legal process;
- respond to any claims;
- protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of the publication, its subsidiaries and affiliates, as well as its customers, users or the public; or
- protect against misuse or unauthorised use of the news services. In addition, collected information may be disclosed as a part of any bankruptcy, merger, sale, and transfer of company assets or acquisition.
To service providers, affiliates or partners: Onlinekhabar may share or disclose your information to service providers, affiliates or partners that Onlinekhabar is engaged with to perform business-related functions on its behalf. This may include service providers that:
- conduct research and analytics;
- create content;
- provide customer, technical or operational support;
- conduct or support marketing (such as email or advertising platforms);
- fulfil orders and user requests;
- handle payments;
- host its services, forums and online communities;
- administer contests;
- maintain databases;
- send or support online or mobile advertising; and
- otherwise, support its services.
- THIRD-PARTY SITES AND CONTENT:
7.1 During the users’ visit to the services, they may view as a part of a frame that includes Onlinekhabar content, certain content and websites that are created, operated, owned and/or hosted by a third party or third parties. The users may also see links on the services to other websites.
7.2 Onlinekhabar is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of third parties. The users should check the applicable privacy policies of those third parties when providing PII. In addition, certain sections of the services may have their own, specialised privacy policies, maybe because they are a part of a social network or hosted by a third party. The users should check the applicable privacy policies of those sections and/or of such social networks.
8 . DATA SECURITY:
8.1 Onlinekhabar uses reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard the PII against loss, theft and unauthorised use, disclosure or modification.
- OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Linked services: Some of the Services contain links to or integrations with other services such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media services and platforms whose information practices may be different than Onlinekhabar’s. The users should consult these other services’ privacy notices, as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
- International transfer: This service is governed by and operated following the laws of Nepal. If the users are located outside Nepal, their Information will be transferred to and processed in Nepal where many Onlinekhabar central databases operate or any other jurisdiction from where its service is operated.
- DATA DELETION
Onlinekhabar stores the personal data of users in cookies and sessions only. Users can easily delete browser cookies and sessions to delete their data.
Onlinekhabar asks visitors who sign up for OnlineKhabar to provide a username and email address. In each case, OnlineKhabar collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with OnlineKhabar. But, the users can request it to delete their information by properly sending a request by any medium. The deletion process will be conducted only after the Onlinekhabar team confirms the same via user email.
Questions: If you have any more questions write to:
Onlinekhabar Nepal Pvt Ltd
[email protected], [email protected]
Buddhanagar, New Baneshwor, Kathmandu, Nepal